One of the biggest concerns of the bride during this stage is finding the perfect wedding dress. Because it is to be worn on a truly special day, women scour the market and the Internet for the best designs that will make them the most beautiful of all.
A lot of women would opt buying a designer wedding dress off the rack or have the gown specially made to their measurements and preferences. But there are those who think about the practicality of owning a dress that they would wear only once and, therefore, purchase a used wedding dress. Whichever you choose,new or used,make sure that what you pick goes well with your style…along with the jewellery and accessories you prefer.
Something old or something new —
Which to choose? Let’s take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of buying new or used wedding dresses.
If you are going to get a new wedding dress:
– You are sure that no one has worn that dress. Ever. And therefore, it is in perfect condition. No loose threads, faulty zippers, odors, or stains.
– You can easily find the latest styles on display in bridal stores.
– You can have the dress bespoke, with a design that fits your personality and measurements.
– The dress may eat a chunk off your wedding budget. A lot of wedding gowns sold in the market costs a few thousand dollars, some of them even priced as high as $10,000. If you have a limited budget, you would have to search for a less expensive dress.
– You will only wear it once. And then you would have to preserve it or keep it stored somewhere.
Used wedding dress:
– It would not cost as much as a new wedding dress. Brides can get a great deal for purchasing a pre-owned wedding gown.
– If the manufacturer has discontinued the style you like, you have a better chance of finding it in stores selling pre-owned dresses.
– Because the dress was bought at a more affordable price, the couple can allot the extra money to other wedding details.
– Still goes well with with the best jewellery, and wedding accessories.
– You have no guarantee that there are no snags or small damages on the dress.
– You might have to allot a budget for the necessary adjustments to be made to the dress (hemline, bust size, zipper replacements, etc.).
– You might not be comfortable with the fact that it has been worn by someone else first.
There are pros and cons to buying a new or used wedding dress. Just remember that you should be comfortable with the choice you make. Whether you are wearing a new or pre-owned wedding dress, it would not really matter because you will surely be the most beautiful bride on your wedding day.